Protect your investment.
simple synthetic hair care advice
As close as synthetic hair has come to the real thing, it still has different properties from human hair. As such, you have to care for the hair differently in order to make it last as long as possible. Follow the simple tips below to make your investment looking great for years to come. If you have any questions or concerns not covered here, feel free to send us an email.
As a rule, we recommend washing your alternative hair every six to eight wears.
cleanse and condition
- Before washing your wig or hairpiece, gently remove any tangles using your Paddle Brush or Wide Tooth Comb
- Wet hair completely using cool running water
- Gently lather the hair with a small amount of Synthetic Shampoo, making sure that the hair is traveling in the same direction. DO NOT rub hair as this may cause tangling
- Rinse thoroughly under cool running water until water runs clear
- Wrap wig or hairpiece in a towel and gently pat dry
- Spray with Conditioning Spray (3-5 pumps) keeping away from base of wig or hairpiece. Do not rinse out conditioner
- Gently detangle hair using your Wide Tooth Comb
Dry and Style
- Allow wig or hairpiece to air dry naturally by placing on a plastic or wire wig stand. DO NOT blow dry
- For mid-length to long length styles, apply HD Smooth Detangling Spray, (3-5 pumps) focusing on bottom half of wig or hairpiece. Gently comb through using your Wide Tooth Comb
- To add texture and definition, use a small amount of Piece Out Contour Fiber Crème and apply using fingertips
- Do NOT use heat to style synthetic fiber (curling irons, flat irons or blow dryers)
- Be cautious when standing near a heat source (i.e. open oven, heater, etc.) Excessive heat can damage the fiber
- We recommend using HD Smooth Detangling Spray with a wide tooth comb to detangle your synthetic wig. This is especially important with a mid-length to long length wig or hairpiece